Winnipeg, November 23, 2017
We are seeking a Software Developer to join our Winnipeg team.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a software development capacity with Java development and relational database experience. You have experience with modern development tools, and strong working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. You are no stranger to contributing to successful implementations.
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Are detail-oriented;
- Are skilled in managing and prioritizing multiple projects and competing deadlines;
- Possess excellent written and communication skills, with good organizational and time management skills; and
- Have experience working in the Financial Services industry, including development of financial planning applications and tools.
Required Technical Skills
- Proficient and highly productive with Java.
- Understanding of the J2EE platform, including EJB, JDBC, JSP, Servlets, XML, Web Services/SOAP, JBOSS.
- Experience using Bamboo, JIRA and Stash.
- Strong SQL Server/general database and SQL understanding.
- Experience with Git.
- Experience with Ant.
- Experience integrating with 3rd party systems.
- Strong computer system analysis and design skills in current methodologies.
- Experience with open source technologies and work in Agile software development environments.
- This role involves building and extending automated test cases in Java, Ant, XML and SQL.
- Medium to strong Java, Git, SQL and XML development skills are required.
- Formal Education in Computer Science.
Note: All candidates will be required to take a developer test to validate ability as part of the assessment process.
Candidate must be local to Winnipeg.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, an RRSP matching program, a professional development program, and a positive work environment. This is a great opportunity to be at the heart of a growing company.
For over 10 years, Norima Consulting Inc. has been transforming businesses by leveraging the right technology, at the right time, by, and in collaboration with, the right people. We facilitate faster, more efficient business processes to improve your company’s bottom line, enhance your competitive advantage, and enable you to engage, understand, manage and serve your customers and clients more effectively.We have offices in Winnipeg and San Diego, and we offer technology consulting to organizations in Canada and the United States, across industries.Norima has been consistently growing in both size and revenue for over a decade, almost exclusively by word of mouth. Our satisfied clients consistently engage us for augmented or additional projects. We are passionate about demonstrating real results and committed to achieving excellence.
Norima is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company. We value intelligence, adaptability, energy and a pragmatic, disciplined focus on results. This is a great opportunity to be at the heart of a growing company. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all that apply.Apply Now