Date Posted: April 30th, 2018
Job Reference Code: 1014D
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Norima, a Winnipeg-based technology consulting company that prides itself on its ability to interpret a client’s vision and materialize it into fully functional and multifaceted solutions, and recent recipient of the 2017 Outstanding Medium Business Award through the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce, is in need of experienced Java developers with functional and technical expertise to join one of our key delivery teams.Download Posting as PDF
We are looking for candidates with exemplary character, competence, and consistency to join a growing team of professionals who share a passion for solving complex problems with technology-based solutions. Ideally you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar;
- A minimum of two (2) years of proven work experience in Java development;
- Superior knowledge of relational databases (SQL);
- Hands-on experience with Git, Ant and XML development; and
- Experience in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Norima is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company, looking to hire the best, brightest, and hardest working consultants onto our high-calibre team. As the ideal candidate, you:
- Are client-delivery focused, and committed to working as a flexible extension to our clients to earn a place as their trusted advisor;
- Possess superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Have a natural curiosity towards gaining new understanding and broadening your knowledge base;
- Are skilled in managing and prioritizing multiple projects and competing deadlines; and
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Understanding of the J2EE platform, including EJB, JDBC, JSP, Servlets, XML, Web Services/SOAP, JBOSS.
- Experience using Bamboo, JIRA and Stash.
- Experience with Git.
- Experience with Ant.
- Experience integrating with 3rd party systems.
- Strong computer system analysis and design skills in current methodologies.
- Experience with open source technologies and work in Agile software development environments.
Note: All candidates will be required to take a developer test to validate ability as part of the assessment process.
Candidate must be local to Winnipeg.
For over 10 years, Norima Consulting Inc. has been transforming businesses by leveraging the right technology, at the right time, by, and in collaboration with, the right people. Norima has been consistently growing in both size and revenue for over a decade, almost exclusively by word of mouth, and this has only been possible by ensuring that we have been an employer of choice for top professionals who are passionate about demonstrating real results and committed to achieving excellence.
Norima works hard to provide a collaborative, rewarding, environment and work opportunities that attract and retain top candidates and employees. Norima Learning and Growth strategy is to actively invest in professional development and provide opportunity for progressive work assignments to build experience. Norima is a place where professional growth is actively supported and expected.
As a result of our efforts, Norima was certified as a Great Place to Work in 2017, with an overall Trust Index score of 92% with a participation rate of 93.5%. It revealed that 95% of respondents agreed with the summary statement: “Taking everything into account, I would say this is a great place to work.”
According to independent employee reviews on Glassdoor.com, 100% would recommend Norima to a friend, and 100% approve of the CEO. Norima has a summary score of 4.9 stars out of 5.0.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, an RRSP matching program, a professional development program, and a positive work environment. This is a great opportunity to be at the heart of a growing company.
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume and cover letter in PDF format to: email@example.com
Please reference “Consultant, Java Developer” in the subject line, and include the job reference code in your cover letter.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all that apply.
Norima is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company. We value intelligence, adaptability, energy and a pragmatic, disciplined focus on results. This is a great opportunity to be at the heart of a growing company. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all that apply.Apply Now